Skip to main content

Langkawi Island Trip Day 2


Day 2 in Langkawi

We woke up kinda late...

Breakfast in the hotel was until 10:30 but we woke up kinda late and went for breakfast before 10, most of the food was gone and had to eat leftover Nasi Lemak and cereal.

After breakfast, we put swimsuits on and went out for a beach.


@Beach

As we planned, we tried to go to the private beach of Datai, but we got kinda excited driving around, so first we check the blacksand beach but there were no people in the beach and we were not sure how to go in so we decided to drive little bit more farther.

We arrived at Tanjun Rhu beach.
At first, there were only 2 of us but later 1 family and 1 couple came to the beach.






Looks like a horse

As it was almost raining, we stayed there for 1 hour - 1 hour and half and left to the hotel to change our clothes.

Lunch@ Orkid Ria

As in my plan, we had Lunch at the seafood restaurant at Pantai Cenang.

 It's very easy to find this restaurant, the north part of Pantai Cenang.






Fresh lobsters and prawns



 
We had oyster omelet, garlic kailang (Local vegetable), grilled fish and huge tiger prawns! 

The vegetable goes well with soy sauce and garlic and very delicious with white rice.
The fish seemed very rare, is Perch  (Suzuki in Japanese) but for us (Japanese), it's quite common.
My boyfriend really loved the grilled fish!!
                                                     
Look at this huge prawn!!!! 1 piece is like 200g-300g!!!  18rm per 100g. You can get per gram and we decided to get huge prawns for each.
This was really amazing!! I really love prawns. 
The texture was really fresh prawn and chewy in a good way.

FYI, Langkawi is a duty free island, so alcohol is really cheap compare to Kuala Lumpur!! 1/3 of the price in KL!!!

1 small beer can is 4rm-8rm.

Air Hangat Village

After Lunch, we headed to Air Hangat Village (Hot spring).
It's at north east of Langkawi and takes you for 30-40 mins from Pantai Cenang.
When I went there in 2009, it was still under construction and there were some ponds, which are hot water there.
This time, it seemed they completed and there are supposed to be shops and small canteens but maybe because of Ramadan (fasting), all the shop booths were closed.


There are some places to sit down and put your feet inside the hot springs.

But we didn't put our feet as we were not sure if the water was clean or not... but it was definitely hot spring. The water was hot.

The place was quite good for chilling!
So we stayed there for 30 mins or more and sitting down and chitchatting.


Durian Perangin Waterfall

We found out that there is a waterfall near the Air Hangat Village so that we decided to go there. It's just 15 mins by car. As long as we saw the map, it looked very near like 5 mins distance, but after we went into a small road, there was only jungle around us.

It's the entrance of the waterfall. I'm not sure why the name is Durian but anyway you have to climb up to see the waterfall.
It's better to wear sneakers or shoes that you are comfortable with, because you have to walk on the stones stairs and sometimes climb up the jungle.

I needed a rest on the way.

After we started to climb up for 30 mins?, finally we found a big waterfall!!!

Water was very cold. Some people were swimming in the pond.

And my boyfriend started to wash his head lol.

After all the activities, we went back to the hotel and took a shower!!

Dinner @ Unkaizan


This was also in my plan list.
I wanted to go to this Japanese restaurant, Unkaizan.
Actually I was not expected so much beside Sashimi. When I looked at the menu, I was like "wow, so expensive and I don't know what to eat lol" because I can get most of the thing in KL, as well. My boyfriend got a bento set , which is very typical.
And I found Kama-meshi, which is a pot-rice.
Kama-Meshi wiki
They cook tasted rice (with soy sauce and sake and fish broth) in a kettle pot.
So since I can't find this in KL, I got this.
Bento Set 85rm
Kama meshi
Let me tell you this...
Unkaizan is the best Japanese restaurant I have ever had in Malaysia.
And my boyfriend told me the same thing.

Well.....
First of all, Sashimi was fresh and they cut sashimi thick so it's filling.
Secondly, I have never satisfied with miso-soup I have in KL. BUT, it was as same quality as the one I have in Japan. For me, what the most important about miso-soup is "dashi" ; fish broth. Maybe this is not common in Malaysia or outside of Japan, but when you taste and smell the dashi, it makes you happy. Not only for miso-soup, for "Chawan-mushi" (egg pudding) and this kama-meshi as well.

We were very satisfied with Unkaizan. I will definitely go back to Unkaizan.



For a dessert, we had the best ice cream ever in Malaysia.
It's called Teppan ice cream.
"Teppan" is a plate. So they mix the ice cream and the fruit you selected together on the ice teppan.



Ice teppan plate

The ice was 10rm (as long as I remember...), but we swear this is the best ice in Langkawi, and KL I have ever had.
I saw customers that came only for this ice cream.

After Dinner, we drove down a bit to Awana Hotel. There are some places to drink and chill out. So we just took a walk a bit.

Anyway, we were too full to walk around any more, so we went back to the hotel.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

【コロナワクチン接種の副反応】アストラゼネカ編 Mina Tequilaの実体験!

 前回のブログでは、マレーシアでのコロナワクチン会場での手順をお伝えしました。 【マレーシア アストラゼネカワクチン】コロナワクチンさっそく接種しました! その後、副作用はどうなの?って気になっていると思うのでMina Tequilaの実体験をレポートします! アストラゼネカワクチン接種後 【16:40頃 帰宅】 特に変わった様子もなく、晩ご飯はスタミナを付けるために、Ippudoのラーメンをオーダーしました! チャーシュー、玉子、とんこつスープで副作用に打ち勝つパワーを。。。 【当日 23:00頃】 寝る前くらいに、ちょっと疲れっぽいだるさと体に熱がこもる感覚で、熱を計ったところ微熱。通常のMina Tequilaの体温は36度前半です。 Mina Tequila旦那は同じ日の朝9:30頃接種をしていました。彼の場合、熱っぽい感覚が晩ご飯時(7時頃)には発症していました。 その日は特に解熱剤も飲まず、ベットへ行きました。 【夜中3時頃】 高熱の時に出る体の痛み、だるさ、悪寒とで目が覚めました。 マレーシア常夏。 とても寒くて震える、そして筋肉がこわばる感じ。インフルで高熱出た時と同じ感覚。 手持ちのイブプロフェンを飲んで、ユニクロのフリースジャケット、長ズボンを短パンの上から重ね履きして、寝ました。 【4時頃】 薬を飲んで30分後効いてきたようで、寒さの震えと筋肉のこわばりが少し楽になりました。 【8:50頃】 朝、フツーに起きてシャワーも入り、特に腕の痛みもなく、ハッピーに過ごしていました。 医療従事者ですでにワクチン接種をした方から聞いたところ、彼女はとにかく腕が痛くて上がらない程痛みが酷かったようです。 【9:40頃】 仕事(在宅ワーク)をしていたところ、 頭痛、筋肉痛、関節痛、だるさ、吐き気の症状が出てきました。 とりあえず、イブプロフェンを飲むために、事前に準備してあった杏仁豆腐を食べました。 嘔吐の症状はありませんでしたが、なんとなく気分が悪い感覚が続いていました。 ちなみにMina Tequila旦那には吐き気の症状は特にありまでんでした。 とにかく、体の痛み、関節痛、頭痛、だるさとで、なんとか仕事はしていましたが、「早く横になりたい~!!」という気持ちが本音! 【16:00頃】接種後から24時間後 接種前に周りの人から言われていたのは、アストラゼネ

What I am very into now.... 最近ハマッてるもの

Of course as in my profile.... what I like is to EAT! I have tried many kinds of cuisines in my life such as... Japanese , Chinese, Korean, Asian, Italian, French, Spanish, Turkish, Mediterranean, Mexican, Brazilian.... whatever... Anyway, my boyfriend is from Peru, South America... I know there are a few Peruvian restaurants in my area but since I have never had a chance, I did not try Peruvian food. I did not have any ideas about Peruvian cuisine.. Maybe, lots of beans, corns, potatoes..... the taste should be very simple... I and my boyfriend found a Peruvian restaurant in Mt.Kiara, KL. OK, let me tell you the result.... Peruvian food is really awesome, amazing, addictive.  They have rich taste.. not simple at all.... They like fusion. Ceviche and Choritos I am not sure if the Ceviche and Choritos are fusion of Japanese sashimi or Italian Carpacho. They use row fish/ seafood marinated with lemon and Peruvian herbs. I tried to make Ceviche at home... I

マレーシアで運転免許更新

マレーシアでの運転免許証が ちょうど有効期限が切れたので、更新に行ってきました。 Petaling JayaのJPJ に行ってきました。 最近免許証があたらしいデザインになったようで、今まで郵便局で更新できていたけど、外国人+新しいカードに書き換えるためか郵便局では拒否されました。 仕方なく、JPJへ。。。。 Google Mapで検索しても場所が見つからなく、JPJのサイトを見るとJalan Sultanと。 んー。。よくわからん。 Googleで検索してDirectionをクリックすると、Google Mapが出てきたのですが、 「何?こんな芝生の中にあんの??!」 とりあえず、Mapにしたがって、道なりに歩いて、Jalan Timurまで。 でも、どう見ても芝生の真ん中に建物なんてないんですけどー!! Jalan Timurを下り、気がつけば通り過ぎている。 Hmmmm.... で、気がつけば☆マークのJalan Sultanに来てました。 でもJPJのサイトにはJalan Sultanと書いていたんよねーと思いながら人に尋ねようと、、、っていうかこのエリア車運転しなさそうな、学生ばっかりなんですけどー。。。 よく分からんので、Lorong Sultanに入り、働いてる世代のローカルの人がMakanしていたので、聞いてみました。 「Jalan Produktivitiに上がってそのまま真っ直ぐ行って駅の方だよ!」 ハーッ!!駅から来たんですけどー!!と、心の中に閉まっておきながら、、、「ありがとう」 すごい納得がいかず、仕方なしトボトボ駅の方向へ向かいました。 それから、新聞売ってるおっちゃんに出会い、念のため。 「JPJはあっち??」 「そうそう、まっすぐ行って、そのまま左行って!」 それから2分くらい歩いて、そのまま道なりに左に入ると大きな駐車場が。 駐車場といっても広い空き地が駐車スペースになっていて、肝心の建物どれや。。?とりあえず、奥へ奥へ進む。じゃ右方向にちっこい建物が。。。 「え?これなんや!しかもめっちゃ 駅前 やん!!」 中に入るとわんさか人が!!! 旧正月前の連休に更新しとこって人が多いのかな。 入り口の受付で